 Robotics / 8469
    Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Jonathan Perret
   (...) Yeah, that's what I suspected in fact. My training and experience as a software engineer made me forget what it was to be faced with an unknown, complex programming language. I've been assuming everyone would be fluent in C ;-) On the other (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx —Wes Matchett
     (...) Go to Radio Shack and get "Getting Started in Electronics" by Forrest M. Mims. Its easy, accurate, and quickly usable knowledge. The book is 8.5"x11" and about .25" think with a green cover. After that look at any of his topical books (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RCX --> miniBoard(was: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx) —Stefano Franchi
   (...) Is anyone here thinking about going the opposite way, i.e replacing the RCX with a Mini Board? I am contemplating such a switch for essentially two reasons: cost and size. For the price of a Rcx you can buy two mini board kits, and they are (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX --> miniBoard(was: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx)
   You all may think that I'm nuts, but I've kinda had a pipe dream for a while about putting a basic 32 bit CPU in the RCX enclosure. Something like a Motorola 68k or ColdFire. Lots and lots of tools out there for 32 bit micros! Heck, if money were no (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX --> miniBoard(was: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx) —dave madden
   Getting pretty far off-topic, methinks, but... =>From: rmemory@zinc.com =>... =>You all may think that I'm nuts, but I've kinda had a pipe dream for a while =>about putting a basic 32 bit CPU in the RCX enclosure. Something like a =>Motorola 68k or (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)