 Robotics / 8377
RE: Is this set any good?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:39:17 GMT

Set #8286    3-in-1 Car  is on sale at S@H for $44.00.  Could anyone who has
this set comment on its value for Mindstorms building?  Any of the more rare
parts in it?

-John Van

I got this set this summer. It's one of the last "classic" Technic Cars.
Here's why I like the set for Mindstorms expansion...

1. 4 F1 Tires and Rims in Yellow. Doesn't match the RIS wheels, but someone
   out there might trade you for whites.
2. Lots of beams and smaller structural parts.
3. Two types of hooks and a string!
4. Two Technic Figs

The only thing missing is more gears etc, but you will LOVE the way
that the frame goes from flimsy to rock solid as it is built up. The
old masters were quite ingenious indeed.

The scale of the vehicle is a bit goofy, but I kept it built up for a couple
of weeks to play with it.

My other favorite expansion kit is the 8062 unniversal kit...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com