 Robotics / 8198
Re: Homemade LED Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:14:06 GMT

dave madden wrote:
This is curious: why can't one build a diode that (electrically)
behaves like this:

           red
        +---|<---+
        |        |
   -----+        +----
           green

Are LEDs such bad diodes that this won't work?  Or is there something
else I forgot (or never learned) in electronics that makes this
impossible?

Such LEDs are available.  Forward DC -> red, reverse DC -> green, AC -> yellow.
I'm looking at a catalogue now with some.
--
Frank Wales [frank@limitless.co.uk]