 Robotics / 8143
Re: Help on upgrading MS 1.0 to 1.5
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 23:25:56 GMT

Yes guys. You are right.

Last time when I called them up, I had humbly asked them IF they would give
me the upgrade set. The lady just gave me some weird explanation as I wrote
in my last mail.

Today, reading mails from many of you, I just called them and asked them to
mail the upgrade kit to me and charge me $3.95. I did not ask them if they
would really send it.

So the lady took me name, address and credit card info and told me to expect
it in 5-10 days. That is cool.

Thanks all.

Maneesh

From: Rich Carreiro <rlcarr@animato.arlington.ma.us>
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Help on upgrading MS 1.0 to 1.5
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 21:06:06 GMT

"Rick Kirkwood" <dynamics@mediaone.net> writes:

Any RIS 1.0 purchased between August 1, 1999 and March 31, 2000 is • eligible
for the free upgrade with proof of purchase, even if the box does not • have
the upgrade sticker on it.  Just call 800 446-6107 (the # which is given • on
the upgrade sticker if you have one) to order the free upgrade.

I can now give at least one confirmation of this.  Fortified by Rick's
post, I went to the local store and bought the 1.0 (set #9719).  I then
called the number above and told them I wanted the upgrade.  They asked
me if I had a sticker.  I said no.  Then they took my name, address,
credit card number and said it was $3.95 and would take 1-2 weeks to show
up.  Like Rick, I was not asked for proof-of-purchase.

--
Rich Carreiro                            rlcarr@animato.arlington.ma.us
"I've come to the conclusion that there should be a tort for wasting my