 Robotics / 7716
7715  |  7717
Subject:
Chaining multiple RCX's output to input
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:05:42 GMT

While attending Michael Gasperi's workshop at Mindfest it occured to me
that, from his investigations, it should be functional and harmless to
connect the output of an RCX to the input of another RCX.

Last night I connected my RCX to my Scout and it did work out ok.

Another variety is using a motor as a sensor(!). It only takes a small
manual turn of a new Technic motor to make the RCX or Scout respond, for
example by driving another motor. Observaton: the sensing motor is much more
sensitive in one direction than in the other.

Didn't have the hart yet of connecting inputs to outputs of the *same* RCX.

This kind of connections makes for some really freaking system behavior
which I don't see an application for yet.. :-)

Does anybody think doing this like this may harm the harware in the longer
run?

Eric Brok

Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind