 Robotics / 7662
Re: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:51:16 GMT

Not bad for an international connection. I'd rate it as "tolerable."

I've scanned 3 pages, but the images are crooked on two. I'm going to cut
the binding on my Constructopedia, and re-do the scans, then 3-hole punch
them (I've got a binder full of MindStorms stuff already).

How many pages is your C-pedia? The US 1.0 version only has 47.

I was up until 2:00 a.m. messing with my robots--finally discovering that
NQC is really easy and powerful. I'm working on a non-limit-switched (rubber
band-and-pulley operated) rack and pinion steered wheeled vehicle, which has
entered its functional phase (wish I had a digital camera). The rack uses
more rubber bands to pull the wheels back to center, so the steering motor
is active only while turning. To do this, one needs to use the NQC Float
command, to prevent the motors from "braking." The pages you've provided
allowed me to solve the mystery of the differential, and have inspired some
more possibilities (such as using the differential to drive two distinct
processes by blocking movement in opposite directions and reversing the
motor to drive the appropriate segment).

Unfortunately, I'm a little behind on my work, so I'll be posting scans over
the next few days.

Many thanks to Dave Baum for NQC and Mark Overmars for the RCX CC!

More later ...

--Doug Wilcox