 Robotics / 7633
FW: IR remote using PIC16F84
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 10:24:49 GMT

Hi I am new at the list with my first question.

For background information. I have not yet done much with RCX so I may ask
stupid questions.

I am developing IR remote controller for RCX using cheap PIC16F84
processor. I have already written physical protocol and transmit routines
and I am able to send IR messages to the RCX. I am listening PIC <--> RCX
traffic with IR tower connected to PC. I have managed to get some
battery voltage 30h gives response. However I am lost with my main goal to
get RCX understand RCX to RCX messages F7h. I have made simple RCX program
to accept 0-255 messages and play sound when message received. I have not
succeeded to get any action with any messages (1-255). Physical protocol
should be right. It is implemented according explanation in Lego-robotics
www pages and I can get some requests working. Please get me back on the
track.

- can somebody give me simple RCX code sample how to receive message and
make any decision with it.
- F7h command does not give any reply. Are there any tricks to verify how
RCX has received the message.
- any other known issues related to RCX to RCX communication

When I get my message sender (IR remote controller) working I give the
PIC16F84 code to list.

Juha Niinikoski