 Robotics / 7585
RE: Wot no RCX power connector?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:51:43 GMT

I was thinking of using only one at the end (attached to the + where it
goes onto the PCB), and running a lead to clip onto the first (attached to
the - ).  The 4 middle ones can be ignored.

Jeff
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: S. Crawshaw [SMTP:lego-robotics@crynwr.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 4:20 AM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: RE: Wot no RCX power connector?

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Jeffrey Hazen wrote:

My stumbling block last night was finding the right tube....does anyone
remember the "dummy" cells that you used with the old NiCads.  One of • those
would be perfect.  Anyhow, the LS7809 fits easily within the width of a • AA
cell, add the adaptor of choice, and drill a 0.187 hole thru one of the
studs on the bottom of the battery case (has anyone else noticed how well • a
drilled hollow stud fits a 1 3/4 LED?) in the right location, and you're
done.  If I had the right part for the tube, I'd have one done.

You could get a battery adaptor, that is, a device for putting AAA
batteries where AA batteries should go. They're available easily here in
the UK - Maplins for example.

The only irritation I see is that you'll need 6 of them; 5 of which will
be effectively doing nothing expect shorting their contacts (in order to
complete the circuit!) Still, it beats having to keep a large stock of
charged AA batteries around ;-)

Stuart