 Robotics / 7524
7523  |  7525
Subject:
new pieces (was Re: Wot no RCX power connector?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:19:02 GMT

Still only one differential.

I'm not sure if this was in the Contructopedia for the RIS 1.0 - but there
is 2 pages at the end that shows how to use it - a final pic is here:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/differential.jpg

The description says:

This is a prototype so that the inventorbot can move forward and turn while
it drives backwards. It uses only one motor. - I haven't build that yet (I
mainly got the RIS to enhance my R2D2 :)

If this is new I could scan all four full pages if that is of interest?

Any idea what the blue brick 4 rows down in the last column is for?  It
looks very strange.  The double yellow connector (3rd column, 12
rows down) is kind of interesting as well. • .....
How about scans of a couple of pages that show how these new pieces are
used.

I've uploaded 2 scans that show how they are used - infact they are used
together (at least in the examples):

http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/new1.jpg
http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/new2.jpg

Apart from that I've also uploaded these 3 scans of the Roverbot, Acrobot
and Inventorbot model ideas that is in the Constructopedia.

http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/roverbot.jpg
http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/acrobot.jpg
http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/inventorbot.jpg

As for:

http://users.cybercity.dk/~nmb18889/ris15bricks.jpg

I don't know if that's new too - but 4th column, 6 rows down - the clutch
gear should be new too.

It's nice to hear you hardcore mindstorms guys talk about these new bricks -
I mean it's more than 10 years ago I got my 'last' Technic set - so a lot of
bricks are VERY new to me - but it's nice not to be the only one ;-)

regards

Jesper
mailto:jesperkj@vip.cybercity.dk

PS: As for the scans - due to copyright reasons (I think) I might have to
take them down again by the end of the week - I'll consider scanning rest of
the new Constructopedia for next week for those of you that could find it
usefull - if some parts look interesting - judged from the scans above - let
me know - there is no need to scan more than what is needed :)