 Robotics / 7446
7445  |  7447
Subject:
Control your Lego Mindstorms RCX across the internet using Microsoft NetMeeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 01:12:02 GMT

The WebRemote Device Controller allows you to control devices across a
NetMeeting connection... If you have devices to control then you simply run
the device controller, add the drivers for your devices and connect to
NetMeeting to make the devices available. If you want to control someone's
devices then just run the device controller and connect to NetMeeting. Once
connected available devices will be displayed. You can select a device to
control and if you don't have the appropriate controller installed you can
download it from the web automatically.

At present there are only two devices you can control, a Lego Mindstorms RCX
or a Robot Arm. More drivers will be available soon. A generic serial port
driver and a generic parallel port driver are next on the list - these
should allow for the control of any devices connected to these ports!

The RCX driver is very simple at the moment, just a proof of concept. We're
working on a design for a camera platform, once we get that done we'll write
a driver for it. If you have any cool RCX devices that you'd like us to
write a driver for, get in touch!

Take a look at http://www.jetbyte.com/WebRemote/Download.shtml

Comments and suggestions welcome. The device controller works with any
version of NetMeeting but there seems to be some problem talking between
users with NM 2.x and NM 3.x.