 Robotics / 7407
Re: RDS Q:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:35:40 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jeffrey Hazen writes:
The scout has some pre-programmed routines that are activated by receiving
a message from the RCX or the IR tower.  I listed them in a post to this
group, I think the thread was something like "RCX VS the Scout".  What I
found was that the scout will actually respond to 1 through 15, something
you can test easily with the IR tower and RcxCC.

Here is the message to which Jeffrey is referring:

  http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=6932

and here is the actual information (imagine that!)

    0...stop momentarily
    1...spin 450d ccw, back to 0d, resume path
    2...spin, resume at about 30d ccw of original path
    3...crazy dance, resume at about 30d ccw of original path
    4...2 momentary stops
    5...rev a bit, then resume
    6...pivot 45d cw
    7...pivot 45d ccw
    8...brake R, L on Fwd
    9...brake R, L on Rwd
    10...brake L, R on Fwd
    11...brake L, R on Rwd
    12...stop momentarily
    13...brake momentarily, and turn on red LED
    14...same as above
    15...turn off red LED

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13