 Robotics / 7399
    Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed? —Ralph Hempel
   Hi all, I'm putting together a mazebot for Mindfest, and ran into a bit of a funny with the rotation sensor. I THINK it has to do with the sample speed, but I'm not positive. I'm using pbFORTH and sampling the rotation sensor in a tight loop. The (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed? —Luis Villa
   Ralph, I don't know about the specific issues with pbForth, but this summer I was working on a large gear train (for a problem that we have recently "proven" is computationally intractable for the RCX) and dropped about 20 counts out of every 1,000 (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed? —Ralph Hempel
   (...) Well, I'd need to vibrate things while looking at raw values, which is possible, I guess. I could run the gantry, smaple as long as possible and then store the value in an array... Something like: CREATE BUFFER 5000 CELLS ALLOT ( makes room (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

        RE: Rotaion Sensor Sampling Speed? —Luis Villa
   (...) I thought the problem was that it vibrated itself? (...) <snip forth code, which looks cool :)> (...) Take a look at the code that Markus sent out a while ago with the new firmdl he cooked up, particularly the code in keepalive.c and the code (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)