 Robotics / 7013
Re: How To Add A Rotation Sensor and A Touch Sensor On the Same Input?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:31:28 GMT

I already succesfully put a touch sensor and a proximity sensor (a light
sensor and an IR port) on the same input.  I tried some different
configurations to get a touch sensor and rotation sensor on the same input but
it didn't work.  I'm wondering if there is anyway of doing it.  BTW, I use NQC.

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
Darren Zhang <dz27@cornell.edu> wrote:
Does anyone know how to add a rotation sensor and a touch sensor on the same
input of the RCX?  Thanks a lot in advance.

This doesn't work as well as putting a touch sensor and light sensor on the
same port. The data that the light sensor sends back (a value normally
between 40-80) is easy to distinguish from that sent by the touch sensor (0
or 100, if you have the port configured for a light sensor). The rotation
sensor does something much more complicated, and presses on a touch sensor
hooked to the same port basically come across as noise and don't do anything
you can distinguish from the rotation-sensor data. (Even if you know the
rotation sensor isn't going to be turning, the results of pressing the touch
sensor vary depending on what state the sensor is in.)