 Robotics / 6932
  RE: Questions Regardsing Lego Scout

That is fast... The scout is pretty cool, and easy to get going. The commands are best learned by experiment. On/Off button: self explanatory. Run button: ditto. Select button:Cycles you through motion menu, touch menu, light menu, speed of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions Regardsing Lego Scout

(...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Questions Regardsing Lego Scout

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote: [snip accidental posting] sorry about that -- hit wrong keys. (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  The Scout vs. the RCX

I played with a Scout over the weekend, and build two of the models. Summary: If you like the RCX, skip the Scout. For $50 less, you get half as many parts, and a not really programmable controller with only two motor outputs, and no external light (...) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Scout vs. the RCX

(...) Are the scout bricks available by themselves? If so, and if they're under $50, they might make an okay add-on to the RCX... (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Scout vs. the RCX

(...) My son got all of the Mindstorms and we haven't even put batteries in the Scout since we have the RCX. I did use the microscout only because we built the R2D2. (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Scout vs. the RCX

(...) <Scout feature description snipped> I second this review. The Scout is definitely easier to program, but so much more limited as to make it almost useless for any real robotics project. The programming commands are so grainy that it would be a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)