 Robotics / 6884
6883  |  6885
Subject:
Update on pyroelectric sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 05:34:10 GMT

Hej all,
For those who are interested, I got my pyroelectric sensor working.  I am
using a differential amp setup, and it works just fine.  Right now it is on a
breadboard, but I will transfer it to pcb soon.
If I move my hand in front of it at a couple of inches away from it, the
readings are very erratic.  However, if I stand several feet away, the
readings are very steady and accurate.  It takes about 10 seconds to give a
stable sensor reading of 45.  If I walk to the left of the sensor, depending
on how quickly I walk, the sensor gives a reading between 60-96.  If I walk
to the right, the sensor gives a reading between 25-0.  I haven't tried any
programming yet, but it looks like the sensor will work well enough to be
able to find animals and other IR sources from at least two meters away.
Cool.  I hope to have the electronics diagram made and up on the web soon.
Also, I will most likely bring it to Mindfest since I've decided this will be
the project for me to do for this event.  Thanks to everybody who helped!

Cheers,
Henry Chea
OneTimeCRX@aol.com