 Robotics / 6759
RE: Sound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 21:38:30 GMT

If all you want to know is the output then the RCX will display that - using
the View button to show the sensor input you're interested in. If you want
to play pretty noises the only alternative I can think of (and this is ugly)
is along the lines of

if (IN_1 == 1)
{
PlaySound(1);
}
else if  (IN_1 == 2)
{
PlaySound(2);
}

etc.

Obviously you wouldn't want to do this for every value from 0 to 1000, or
whatever, but you might do it in bands 0-100, 100-200, etc. and you could
write this in a subroutine.

Equally obviously, you'd rather have a switch statement, but NQC doesn't.
(NQC still gets my vote, though.)

-g