 Robotics / 6684
Re: decoding a message sent by an RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 23:11:21 GMT

1. The crynwr page states that the serial format is :
NRZ, 1 start, 8 data, odd parity, 1 stop bit

  I'm not used to seeing 8 bits with a parity bit, as a sanity check does this
mean that each byte is 11 bits (1 start, 8 data, 1 parity, 1 stop) - OR am I
misunderstanding this somehow.  Since the RCX can send 0-255 as messages, I
THINK that I'm correct.  Can someone set me straight on this?

You are right - 11 bits. The parity bit is set, so the total number of one's is an
odd number.

Jacob