 Robotics / 664
Re: Building gcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 13:37:36 GMT

Hello,

Some time ago I tried to compile binutils 2.9.1 for H8/300 with
cygwin on NT and I was also getting compilation errors.
People from the binutils development team (Ian Lance Taylor,
ian@cygnus.com and Kai Ruottu, karuottu@freenet.hut.fi) helped
me to fix the problem...

This is a bug in Makefile.in.

The SRCONV_PROG is defined there as something like:
    SRCONV_PROG =  srconv  coffdump  sysdump
and used as:
    $(SRCONV_PROG)$(EXEEXT)
in many places.

To fix, change the definition to be:
    SRCONV_PROG =  srconv$(EXEEXT)  coffdump$(EXEEXT) sysdump$(EXEEXT)
and remove the '$(EXEEXT)'s from anywhere else after $(SRCONV_PROG).

After this the rules in Makefile will be Ok, and the necessary '-I...'

options added for making 'srconv.exe' etc. • ---
Configure now works fine, but make complains about some bfd.h missing
(and no rule to make it) in bfd  Directory ! There is a bfd-in.h and
a bfd-in2.h but no bfd.h.

I remember there was a problem with bfd.h, but have no idea how I
finally got it (maybe the above fix or calling make for some
other target in a different directory?), I am sending mine
to your address [tough it might be different for different
machines(?)]...

BTW to all: how much legal do you think is using anything
lower level than Lego SDK?

Palo.

--
Pavel Petrovic, ppetrovic@acm.org (petrovic@ifi.ntnu.no)