 Robotics / 6445
6444  |  6446
Subject:
X10 X-Cam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 22:21:42 GMT

I just got my X10 X-Cam last night, and hacked up a way to pan/tilt
it with my Mindstorms. Currently I'm not using the included video
transmitter, I just have the camera connected directly to my capture
card.

It's sure nice to have a camera this small. The other camera I was
using was my *huge* 8mm video camera. It's old, and it's about the
size (and weight) of an older VHS camera. The best I could with it
was add a tilt, and *that* was done by building a "periscope" in
front of the lens and tilting the mirror. The camera was much too
heavy to move with Lego.

Anyway, I've put up a page at
http://www.fozztexx.com/webcam/Construction.html that's got an
LDraw .dat file showing the mount I built just to hold the X10
camera. I may be (or may not, dunno yet) adding more to this page
as I work on the camera more.

I still need to add touch sensors to limit the camera from rotating
too far and tangling the cables and breaking. Two of the inputs
are already used with rotation sensors, and I don't recall how to
add touch sensors onto the same inputs and code it in NQC to tell
what's going on.

---
Chris Osborn                      FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice              2136 Coronado Ave.
707 581 1797 - Fax                Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>