 Robotics / 6429
6428  |  6430
Subject:
A piano player (and a conductor)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:53:55 GMT

Months ago Anders Isaksson created a "Lego Brick programmable robot", a simple
threaded vehicle that interpretes a "program" made of small bricks on a plate
to decide where to go.

I transferred this concept to a musical contest. Actually my project involves
two robots that work in team: a conductor, which reads the score, and a
performer, which plays an actual keyboard.

The performer has six fingers statically positioned on the keyboard, and a
polyphony limited to three notes (with some further constraints), so it will
definitely never play a Bach Suite... :-)

Anyway, you can get more info and see some pictures at:

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/s15.html

Mario
http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari/