 Robotics / 6423
Re: Dacta Temperature Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:49:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Kekoa Proudfoot writes:
Glen Tannenbaum <glen_lego@yahoo.com> wrote:
I am not too familiar with Mindstorms but had a question if anyone can
answer it.  Do the DACTA temperature sensors work with the Mindstorm
units?

I belive yes.

You might want to check out S@H though, since they now appear to sell the
same temperature sensor, and probably at a lower price.

-Kekoa

Yes, they are the same item.

-Suz.

Functionally they're the same but note that they differ in the length of the
attached cable.

The Dacta temperature sensor (#9889)has a longish cable as it is meant to work
with the Control Lab serial interafce B which is a stationary platform.

The Mindstorms temperature sensor (#9755) has a much shorter cable more
suitable for the roving RCX.

I've used the Dacta temperature sensor with the RCX to monitor the temperature
of the freezer compartment of my fridge where the longer cable is handy.

Hope this clarifies.