 Robotics / 6416
Re: Battle Bots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:17:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Bertschi writes:
I happened to turn on Headline News this morning and was greeted with
an arena in which a pack of robots were beating the screws out of each
other. [...]  Went to their website.  Nothin.  I just have to see some
of the designs they had. [...]

  http://www.battlebots.com/

There are two websites I visited on August 6th that had good pictures.
Unfortunately, right now (August 18) both web sites are overloaded,
probably because of the tournament. The sites are:

  http://www.clineworks.com/robotica.html

  http://www.coolrobots.com/coolrobots.html

You can probably try both sites again after a week or two.

The tournament was telecast on ZDTV (a minor cable network, for those few
people who actually have access to it) and on the web site you mentioned.

- Robert Munafo                            http://www.mrob.com
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13