 Robotics / 6377
6376  |  6378
Subject:
IR tower near/far swtich on Mac G3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:11:56 GMT

The NQC doc says the swtich must be in near mode (the
small triangle), but with my Mac (beige G3 tower, MacOS
8.6) neither NQC 1.3 nor ROBOLAB 1.5.1 has been able to
communiate with the RCX unless the switch is in FAR
mode (the large triangle).  In far mode both apps
chitchat with the RCX just fine.  What is going on here?
Is the NQC doc backwards? is the large icon really
near mode?

Note that the $25 ROBOLAB teachers guide, says there is a
near/far switch and that the batteries will not last
as long in the far position, but doesn't actually
say which is which (i.e. small triangle near, large
triangle far) and one might easily interpret the
icons the other way (i.e. close is large, far is small).
-jrg