 Robotics / 6342
    Cybermaster port control —Bertvan Dam
   Does anyone know what the difference is between the way the Mindstorm and Cybermaster communicate over the com port? I'm trying to modify a qbasic program made for the Mindstorm to work with the Cybermaster (it uses direct com port control) but I (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology —Steve Barritz
   I was surfing around Amazon and I came upon a book entitled *Vehicles : Experiments in Synthetic Psychology* with the author having left this comment: "Applicability of Lego Mindstorms to Book Many of the proposed experiments could be done with the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology —Mishtu Banerjee
     The book -- written in the late 80's if I remember it correctly, is a great read, and one that inspired several people working in Artifical Life. The first part of the book is an extended thought experiment. Starting simply, Braitenberg keeps adding (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology —Todd Bertschi
     (...) I picked it up with an order to the Robot Store. I agree. Excellent read. I've tried some of the early experiments and they do invoke an odd sensation of "life". I've misplaced my copy so I'll have to dig for it. But if anyone finds it, pick (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology —Ralph Hempel
     (...) Todd, I don't think you left it at my house since you have never visited here! Why are you asking me to look for your book? PS. This is humour, not a flame! Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- The train stops at the train station, The bus (...) (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology —Dennis Clark
   (...) Its a great book - I would recommend it for LEGO stuff especially! Cheap too. DLC (25 years ago, 16-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)