 Robotics / 6311
Re: when they say "fresh" batteries, they mean it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:31:06 GMT

I've discovered that with the rcx too, when tested on a battery tester,
they say almost new, but they can barely move a motor.
John R. Galloway, Jr. wrote in message ...
I was having problem getting any comm working between the
IR tower (on my Mac) and the RCX.  I was using unused batteries,
but the 9 volt in the IR tower was old enough that it was only
providing 8.25 volts with no load.  Replacing it with a brand
new one did the trick.  Seems like a piss poor design to be that
sensitive to battery power.  But at least now its working.  A
USB design that took power from the USB seems like a better
plan.
-jrg