 Robotics / 6213
6212  |  6214
Subject:
Extension board for the RCX : any idea ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 13:49:49 GMT

"So, what could be made to extend the rcx i/o's ?"

It seems that a lot of people asked themself how to add capabilities to
the RCX, mainly by adding I/O's. Some have found very interesting
sugestions...

I'm planing to build a complete sensor expander board for the mindstorm,
with NQC sources and so. There could eventually be a trick to add more
outputs as well. Once finished, i'll upload complete plans, with PCB
design and building instruction. It should fit in a box twice as small
as the RCX, and should not use any external power. Quite chalenging, but
quite usefull... Another precision : I don't have enough elecronic
knowledge to use IR transmission. I intend to use only the 3 io's and
multiplex them. So software like NQC will be needed to control this.

My question is : has anyone any ideas concerning this subject, and is
anyone interested by such project ?

Send me your request or ideas, mailto:philippe.jadin@skynet.be

This project should be completed for, let's say end of september...
Any suggestion welcome (also crazy ones) !

Thanks

                              Philippe Jadin
                      mailto:philippe.jadin@skynet.be
                              Belgium, Europe