 Robotics / 6202
  Automatic Change sorter

Well, in the june issue of Popular Mechanics magazine, there is an article on Mindstorms and in it showed an Automatic change sorter. I was wondering if anyone had even attempted at making one. I am also looking for ways to tell the differance (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automatic Change sorter

(...) There are at least six coins in common circulation in the US: the penny, nickel, dime, quarter, Kennedy half-dollar, and Susan B. Anthony silver dollar. Did I miss any? (...) Assuming the required accuracy can be achieved with legos, diameter (...) (25 years ago, 10-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Automatic Change sorter

Fudd's change sorter in popular mechanics uses a light sensor to distinguish between penny and everything else, and then uses a touch sensor for the others. it times how long it takes a touch sensor arm to reach the coin, which differs depending on (...) (25 years ago, 11-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)