 Robotics / 6168
Re: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:51:17 GMT

From: Laurentino Martins <lmartins@marktest.pt>
At 18:45 09-08-1999 Monday , you wrote:
Karen Gold <kjgpinelake@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have a grant of about US$1300.00 to spend on robolab for my high • school
classes.  I teach physical science to 9th and 10th graders.  I could use • any

Once you find all the sensors, etc, that you need, I'd suggest finding • some
good non-mindstorms technic sets to fill out the collection. The Giant • Model
(#8277) from two years ago is great -- the predesigned models are pretty
stupid, but you get a lot of large structural pieces.

You'll have to dig up this one, since LEGO discontinued it in 1999.
And yes, it has huge beams and other nice parts.

Few gears however, so don't buy it as your only model.  The best way to get
gears is through the service packs.  Dacta also seems to have great deals on
huge numbers of bushings, 8t gears, etc.

alex