 Robotics / 6101
Re: My Entry for Coke Can Challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 23:03:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, "Chris Phillips" <chris.phillips@computerboards.com>
writes:

Hello All,

I have put up a webpage with my entry for the LugNet RCX (coke can)
challenge -

http://www.spacehippie.com/rich/cc_entry.html

The robot will retrieve all the can, return then to the starting point,
and knows when to stop (counts to three).  It is programmed with NQC and
uses all Lego (R) parts.

To clear my smaller test field (about 5ft x 4ft) takes about 5 minutes.
Sorry, no video.

Stop by and take a look if you get a chance.  This was an especially difficult
and fun challenge, I look forward to the RCX community producing many more!

Excellent!  Congratulations on being the first to claim victory in this
challenge.

Now it looks like I'll have to get my solution coded up fast so that you'll
have some actual competition.  Good thing it's the weekend!

Wow, that's awesome!!

BTW, just to clear up any confusion, there isn't actually anything
officially called the "LugNet RCX (Coke can) Challenge" or the "LugNet RCX
Challenge."

The RCX Challenge posed by Joel Shafer,

   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/events/?n=11
   http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=4448