 Robotics / 6041
Re: Fw: Programming the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 01:52:19 GMT

difazio@uwindsor.ca writes:

<< 1.  Is there a way to program the RCX without the Spirit.OCX
libraries....i.e. is it possible to call those libraries without the
Spirit.OCX or is the OCX doing the interpretation into machine code?

2.  Is this a correct assumption then...
VB -------> OCX -------> interpretor ---------> machine code
or is it different?? >>

I accually think it goes VB to the OCX which interpets the coding and sends
it to to the machine coding or whatever the RCX reads.

As for needing the OCX, I'm not sure, but I think every Mindstorm lang out
there requires the ocx.

KGB AgEnT #4 OUT AKA Clint Rutkas