 Robotics / 5997
  Lego is like nanomachines

Building with Legos is like building nanomachines. There's a limited number of types of parts, although you've got lots to build from. And you can only attach them together in certain spots, just like atoms and molecules. (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego is like nanomachines

Wow. Imagine what it would be like if some team of scientists could design a molecule corresponding to each LEGO element. Then, you could use LEGO as a prototyping system for nanobots. After you have the basics of your mechanical design worked out, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego is like nanomachines

(...) design. (...) Whoops! I just dropped my nano-brick separator and split an atom! (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Robert Munafo wrote in message ... (...) a (...) mechanical (...) design. (...) Being serious, this wouldn't work. Scaling down would call for different structures. Eric (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)