 Robotics / 5788
5787  |  5789
Subject:
RCX IRPD kits left
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 22:28:52 GMT

  If there is anyone out there that expressed interest in the RCX IRPD kits
that you convinced me to assemble parts for, let me know.  I still have 8
kits left, I'd hate to have them (and their parts!) go to waste.  So, if
you sent me email with interest, and think you missed out on the opportunity,
you now have the chance to get the kits reserved for those who didn't get
them who said were interested!  It has to be assembled, so check my web page
http://www.verinet.com/~dlc/botlinks.htm and bonk on the Mindstorms IRPD
project for details and a PDF file explaining the construction of the kits.
  For those of you who would like to know what I am talking about, go there
and you can read up on it, here is the short description:

  Its a way for the RCX brick to see an obstruction to the left, right or
straight ahead as a regular "light" type sensor.  It works with NQC, VB or
even the stock Mindstorms software environment.  If you are interested in
the idea, go check out my web page.  You will have to mount it in a Lego
container, the S@H #5391 9V battery box seems to be the popular choice as
you can then use the generic connection wires like you use on the bump
switches.

I only have 8 left and I'm not too likely to go through the pain of putting
together kits again so, please, take them off my hands. ;-)

have fun,
DLC