 Robotics / 5782
Re: "Wireless" camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:27:52 GMT

Stefan Gross wrote:
   > > I also hope to do some image-processing afterwards.
   >
   > I'm also looking at doing some image processing - I'd be interested to
   > know what tools people are using (in my case, I'm digitising with a
   > Brooktree-based card on a FreeBSD platform - I'm still messing around
   > with exactly how to deal with the images and to display whats going on,
   > currently experimenting with GTK).
   >
   > Perhaps there's a need for a common toolset...
   >
   > Cheers,
   >
   > Ben.

  hmmm.. I think I will digitize it with a Win TV card. The video4linux
   should be ok for that. Ithink it has a framegrabber. I think I will do all

   the display with SVGAlib. It seems to be
   quite good.
   I'm not quite sure how I will process the images.
   Perhaps a mixture of deterministic processing and evolved neural
   networks...
   But I think it will be a long time until I finish that...

   bye

   Stefan Gross

   sgross@mdc-berlin.de