 Robotics / 5744
Re: Jini 4 RCX ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:30:50 GMT

On Sat, 17 Jul 1999, Laurentino Martins wrote:

This is probably not news for Java developers, but I recall sometime ago that there was an effort to build a Java interpreter for the RCX.
Seems to me this is the _perfect_ opportunity to build a Java machine for the RCX. Anyone interested?

CNN - Innovative Java developers should learn and use Jini
http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9907/15/jini.idg/index.html

Jini at Sun
http://www.sun.com/jini/

At the last JavaOne conference 2 MindStorms tanks were demonstrated
controlled by Jini. Independently I have Jini stuff for Minstorms built on
top of what others have done in Java. It is in my Jini tutorial at
http://pandonia.canberra.edu.au/java/jini/tutorial/Jini.xml

Jan