 Robotics / 559
558  |  560
Subject:
No discount? (was Re: Online ordering available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 05:56:33 GMT

Richard Dee wrote:

Two comments...
1) 219 is not exactly a discount, which is what I thought TigerDirect
was... a discount house...

The discount is the time you have to wait........
Is it not scarce? Do they not have them in stock?

Well, it may or may not be scarce. I have in the last two days been to
the Learningsmith in Cherry Creek Mall, Denver CO, and the Learningsmith
in Woodland Mall, Kentwood/GR, MI, and both of these fine establishments
have at least 3 of the base kit, and several each of the two expansion
sets, for 199 and 49 respectively.

I got my first two from S@H but sent those to the antipodes. My next
from Construction Zone (a great pair of owners there!) () for 199 plus
MA tax and I now have another one from Learningsmith for 199-20% plus CO
tax.

The learningsmith site has a relatively easy contest coupon as reported
here earlier and I had no trouble getting the discount in CO. I did not
ask in GR but Steve Bliss got it there. So it's chain wide, just like
the website promises

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.