 Robotics / 5583
  Adder/Subtractor

Hi, I'm a newby to both Mindstorms (just got my set 2 weeks ago) and Robotics. So.... Dumb Newby Question 1: What is the advantage of the adder/subtractor (as per Leo's Lego) over driving two wheels/tracks independently and using speed variation to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Adder/Subtractor

(...) If you use two wheels then your robot will go in circles when you tell it to go straight. This is because motor speeds are rarely matched, so the left and right motor won't go the same speed at the same power level. The disadvantage of using (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)