 Robotics / 5466
5465  |  5467
Subject:
Light Sensor/Scanning Program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:50:31 GMT

Well, I've got a good part of a scanner program done, but I have a question,
to convert the light data to RGB, there has to be some form of a conversion
to bring the RCX data (Base 100) to the RGB coding (Base 255).

I was wondering how would be the best way to go around doing this.  Just
multipling by some constant?  Raising it to some power?

Plus what about the fact such light levels as 70-100 and 0-25 will never be
reached.  Seems to be a light range of about 35 (Pure black) to about 50
(Pure white) when the Sensor is roughtly a quarter of an inch from the paper.

I'm rather stumped at this conversion part.

KGB AgEnT #4 OUT