 Robotics / 5379
  lego and steppers

I need to know the max speed that a touch sensor can advance the counter. I would like to control a stepper motor with the rcx and use a touch sensor input to count the steps. I am not going to actually use the touch sensor itself, just the sensor (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: lego and steppers

(...) Which counter are you referring to? If believe that if you are using the standard Lego firmware, e.g. by using NQC, and you are using the "pulse/edge" counting modes, you can detect an edge only once every 300 ms or so, which is fairly slow. (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jun-99, to lugnet.robotics)