 Robotics / 530
RE: coasting moters in nqcc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 22:44:53 GMT

Hello all,

In reading about moving in a straight line tread there was an issue related
to the motor being off, on, or float. If off sets into brake mode and float
does really turn them off. I thought that using float for time that the
motors are just sitting there doing nothing. I did notice that one of my
bots (photobot01 as I call it) that the third motor that I am using to
control an arm did not want move when I physicly tried. With bot on it did.
I was using Off(OUT_C);

So what about Float(out_c); well it is not there. I dig into rcx.nqh and
there is Fwd(); Rev(); and Out(); I look at Off(); and it is a #define.
Looks like this:

#define Out()    OutputMode(o, OUT_OFF)

OUT_FLOAT is defined in the output mode section. So cooked this up:

#define Float(o)  OutputMode(o, OUT_FLOAT)

This should work to coast the motors. Added it to a program and issue a
Float(OUT_C); and it compiled. Now to test it on the bot as soon as I get
home.

Comments?

shawn