 Robotics / 5277
Re: Motor Sensor (fwd)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:47:32 GMT

----- Forwarded message from Peter Hesketh -----

Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:13:24 +0100
From: Peter Hesketh <pbh@phesk.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Motor Sensor (fwd)

Sorry, but it is _linear_ acceleration which makes things go in circles.
They then go in circles with constant angular velocity.  Angular
acceleration is when dtheta/dt is changing.

Never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people we have to deal
with.

----- End of forwarded message from Peter Hesketh -----

There is no linear acceleration on a circle.

Things go in circles because their velocity vector changes. *ANY* time a
velocity vector changes *IT MUST* be as a result of a force. A force is
*DEFINED* at f=ma.

Speaking of stupid people. You really should shut up now.

         Never underestimate the stupidity of some of the people we
         have to deal with.

                               William A. Reinsch, BoXA to Congress

       The Armadillo Group       ,::////;::-.          James Choate
       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage@ssz.com
       www.ssz.com            .',  ||||    `/( e\      512-451-7087