 Robotics / 5030
5029  |  5031
Subject:
Light sensor help??Newbie!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 13:50:28 GMT

Hi All! I have a problem with the light sensor using the included
software.
(Don't groan all you advanced programmers, please  ;-> )
But anyway, the manual states and I quote" trigger the stack when the
FIRST of TWO consecutive readings falls outside a chosen interval AND
the second reading falls within a chosen interval."
I have made for my class a challenge of finding a bright light source
with cement bricks in the way. The light sensor looks over the bricks
and the touch sensors avoid the bricks. The touch avoidance works GREAT!
but it only searches for the light some of the time. I believe it is due
to the above specifications for triggering the stack. AAAARRRRRRGGGHHH!
Help! suggestions maybe??

How about if I only have the bright set 80 to 100 ( It reads 95 or
higher from 20 feet away!) Then have the dark set at 0 to 0??
Thanks in advance, Bill Leggett - Orleans Vocational Center