 Robotics / 503
    RE: moving in a straight line with two motors? —Giesen, Oliver
   G'Day My 3 cents (Canadian, Eh). The most elegant solution I have seen to this problem I believe came from an old Milton Bradly 'Big Trak', in which the designers used a magnetic clutch. The idea is simple , getting the forces involved to balance (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: moving in a straight line with two motors? —Carl G. Schaefer, Jr.
     Ah-Oh... Magnets in close proximity to the RCX brick may not be a wise idea. On just about all of my mobile bots, the motors are immediately adjacent to the RCX brick. Just my 2 cents (US, of course!) Carl -----Original Message----- From: Giesen, (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: moving in a straight line with two motors? —Russell Nelson
     Carl G. Schaefer, Jr. writes: > Ah-Oh... > > Magnets in close proximity to the RCX brick may not be a wise idea. On just > about all of my mobile bots, the motors are immediately adjacent to the RCX > brick. The RCX has no magnetism-sensitive parts, (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: moving in a straight line with two motors? —Russell Nelson
   Giesen, Oliver writes: > Basically you get two large pulleys (or bars) and mount two magnets opposite > each other on the same side, one pulley has the two north poles facing out > and one has the two south poles facing out, when the two pulleys are (...) (26 years ago, 13-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)