 Robotics / 4908
    Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) This is a possibility I hadn't considered, and it sounds reasonable to expect to see that effect at some point. I never tested how a second source affects echo reception, but it seems easy enough to test. If I get around to testing this I'll (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Ben Laurie
   (...) Sure, but you should be able to get the edge of the stop bit(s) to within 1/16th bit+interrupt latency (which I'd guess is tiny in comparison to the bit timing) which gives you the position of any other bit just as accurately (give or take (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) I was under the impression you wanted to sync a clock to the rhythm of bit arrivals. You cannot do this. You can definitely sync a clock to the rhythm of byte arrivals. I was trying to point out this distinction to you. You must have been (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Lego Network Protocol questions —Ben Laurie
   (...) That was someone else. I came in in the middle :-) (...) See above. (...) Will it be big enough to matter in the slotted protocol context? (...) No problem at all, I'd guess. Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) grandfather once told me that there are two (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)