 Robotics / 4862
  Re: RCX and Java

Has anyone thought of porting OS9 to the RCX. OS9 is a multi-processing, multi-tasking, pre-empted OS that can be put into ROM. It is also a 8 bit OS. Uses Pascal, Basic, Assembly, & C for writing code. Level 1 OS9 fits perfectly into 32K of memory (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX and Java

(...) You are provoking me:-) At Enea we are thinking of porting OSE Basic to the RCX. OSE is a multi- processing, multi-tasking, pre-empted OS that can be put into ROM. OSE Basic is a version suitable for 8 or 16 bit microcontrollers with limited (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX and Java

I gather then, you know what OS9 is. I have been using OS9 Level I & II, OS9-68K and OS9-X86 for over 10 years. Sound like OSE is very much like OS9. OS9 was developed by Microware for embedded comtrolers like the H8. JAD (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics)