 Robotics / 466
Re: What about multiplexing sensors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 19:57:30 GMT

At 2:49 PM -0500 11/11/98, Andy Franks wrote:
Has anyone attempted to mux the three sensor connections to expand the
RCX's sensor capability?  Think this is possible?

      I guess I've lurked long enough...pardon my ignorance, but what's
a MUX?

MUX is short for 'multiplexer' -- it is essentially a multi-switch
device that switches a single input (or output) to multiple outputs
(inputs). It would allow you to have 8 sensors (for example) connected to
one input port and you could switch between each of the eight sensors to
get that sensor's value.

---Larry

  Larry Coffin                                lcoffin@PointInfinity.com
  Point Infinity                           http://www.PointInfinity.com
  Nantucket, Massachusetts                 508-325-6677 * fax: 325-6676

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent
revolution inevitable.
-- John F. Kennedy

-