 Robotics / 461
    Re: What about multiplexing sensors? —Larry Coffin
   (...) I've done it using an output port to control a MUX. I've been able to control up to three sensors through one input port. This could be extended to nine sensors through all three sensor ports. I'm working on ways to control more sensors both (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: What about multiplexing sensors? —Ben Laurie
   (...) Hang on - if you use all 3 outputs to control the MUX (which leaves me wondering why you'd bother - trees falling in forests and all that) you can get 24 inputs, even if you only treat each output as binary. More plausibly, you can use 2 (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: What about multiplexing sensors? —Tilman Sporkert
   You should be able to have three or more on/off sensors share a single input port without multiplexing. Just use a different resistor for each, so that any combination of pressing the three sensors yields a unique value out of 8 possible. For (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)