 Robotics / 4580
RE: Novice group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 20:27:49 GMT

With no attempt to offend anyone, if you feel this is needed, then power
to you.  However ask, yourself a few questions:

What would be the motivation for the "experts" to visit the group?

If there are very few experts in the group, who is a "novice" going to
be directing their questions to?

I have this image in my head, of a bunch of people walking around in the
dark looking for a wall to follow (like my robot).  Lurk and learn, you
will come up to speed quicker than you think.  There is no better
resource of experts on the RCX than here.  You probably don't want to
re-invent the wheel.  Add your ideas to the existing ones and we get
more experts.

On the other hand I wonder how long it would take a group of novices to
come up with something like Infrared proximity detection without any
help...

My thanks to all the experts who brought me along with or without
knowing it...
Dennis, Dave, Bert, Michael, Mark, Kevin just to name a few...

Wayne W. Schott
("Lurk and learn" I have to remember that...)