 Robotics / 4566
Fwd: Novice group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 15:33:43 GMT

--- Thomas Main <main@appstate.edu> wrote:

There seems to be a lot of discussion about creating
new groups lately.
I would like to see a new robotics group.  Don't get
<snip>
IMHO, this mailing list has slowed down to the point
that any traffic (save stupidity) would be welcome.  I
think there are plenty of lurkers, such as myself, who
could benefit from the discussion of basic building
techniques as much as the high-tech topics.

<snip>
What do others think? ...and BTW, why isn't my
Acrobot flipping over :)

I blame a lack of power (insert grunting sounds here).
  I had to use a gear reduction to increase torque and
a pulley-and-rubber-band arrangement to get power to
the front wheels.  I think the plans in the
Constructopedia are a starting point.  It is up to the
builder to add the magic to get the bot to work.  And
I think it is the purpose of this list to give
everyone the help they need, tech or buildwise.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu