 Robotics / 4487
4486  |  4488
Subject:
Web based LegOs compiler for the underprivileged?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:35:37 GMT

I recently downloaded a program for the palm pilot that displays up to
date movie times and locations based from perl parsed data from
movies@yahoo.com

It is a great program, but getting and setting up Perl on my system was
a real pain.  Luckily enough, someone wrote a Web page based interface
that accepted the appropriate parameters, and then e-mailed the Perl
processed date back to you.

Since (I assume) there are many out there who are having a really tough
time getting a working LegOs development environment working on their
various systems (Mac, Winblows, etc...), would it be feasable to set up
a web based engine that accepted LegOs .c code, compiled it and spat
back a compiled .srec file via e-mail, all ready for download.  Or in
the case of a bad program, just sent back the compilation error
messages?

This is assuming some generous soul that has a stable cross compiler set
up would be willing to do something (ie. donate cpu cycles) like this...

What do you think?  (I know I sound lazy, but dammit! not fluent enough
in linux/gcc setup to get something working @#%@#^@#$#@#$!!)

I know I would be REALLY appreciative...

Just an idea,

Dave
nospam-dcchen@pacbell.net-nospam