 Robotics / 4476
  RIS memory usage

I'm anxiously awaiting the time when I can buy my Mindstorms package, but until then I'm spending time learning about it. One thing that has gotten me a little confused is how the RCX brick uses memory. I keep reading about the memory usage being: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RIS memory usage

(...) The RCX has a 64k address space. Here is how it is split up: Addr Len Usage 0000 4000 On-chip ROM 4000 4000 Reserved (for on-chip ROM of other chip models) 8000 7b80 External RAM fb80 0200 Reserved (for on-chip RAM of other chip models) fd80 (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-99, to lugnet.robotics)